Thursday, October 16, 2014

Wolf Creek (2005)

Three young adults in Australia plan a road to trip to hike into the Wolf Creek Crater. After completing their hike, the group decides to start heading back home that same night but are stopped in their tracks due to engine problems.

Fortunately for them, a gentleman who is driving a tow truck arrives just in time to help them out and even offers to repair their vehicle for free. All they have to do is spend a night at their new friend's home.

Written and directed and co-produced by Greg McLean. Starring Nathan Phillips, Cassandra Magrath, Kessie Morassi and John Jarratt as Mick Taylor.

The absolute first thing I need to mention is that, with the exception of a couple of sentences here and there, I did not understand one word that was being said for the first 20 minutes of the film. It eventually got easier as I was getting used to the accent but luckily, the movie practically spoke for itself.

The first 45 minutes or so dragged on for me as there was nothing going on next to the group continuing their road trip with very few distractions. Following that time frame, the action picked up right away and basically played out until the end without many slowdown moments thrown in.

I have to mention, I loved the fact that any time I would yell what the victims should do to the tv, they actually did it. There was only one moment that I had questioned their choices, but still love the real feel that most of their choices gave me.

Next to the language barrier, I loved this film and am looking forward to reviewing the sequel. I gladly rate this one an 8 out of 10.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment, e-mail (horrorshootreviews@gmail.com) or follow us on twitter @horrorshoot!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment