Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Nightmare on Elm Street part 4: The Dream Master (1988)

The dream warriors have been released from Westin Heights and are living a normal teenage life.

Everything is moving up in their lives until Kristen starts feeling signs of an unsettling presence in her dreams and must take immediate action to save herself and her friends.

Directed by Renny Harlin, produced by Robert Shay and Rachel Talalay. Written by Brian Helgeland and Scott Pierce. Starring Tuesday Knight, Andras Jones, Brooke Theiss, Danny Hassell, Lisa Wilcox and Robert Englund as the sometimes not-so-lovable, Freddy Krueger.

I wasn't a huge fan of this movie, but it does displayed all the assets a Nightmare movie requires.

But it couldn't be all that bad! This was the top grossing film in the series prior to the release of Freddy Vs. Jason, which has to tell you something!

The thing that made me dislike the movie to a certain degree was having the dream warriors used like they were in a freaking Highlander film. Each different ability was transferred over to Alice every time one of her friend's died at the hands of Freddy.

And don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Highlander series just fine as it is. But I also enjoy my Freddy without a cross over style of story line.

The acting was pretty good, but nothing was able to really catch my attention like in the previous entries. It seemed almost plain to me although the film had a lot to offer visually. So with that being said I'm giving this piece of the series a 5.5 out of 10.

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment, e-mail (horrorshootreviews@gmail.com) or follow us on twitter @horrorshoot!

Have a great night!


No comments:

Post a Comment