Thursday, October 2, 2014

Lovely Molly (2011)

Okay, I am going to try and describe this movie for the review as best as possible to have it make sense to some degree and to make an attempt at not ruining it for anyone who wants to watch it.

Molly, (Gretchen Lodge) is a girl who just got married and decided she wanted to move into her childhood home where her father had died in when she was still very young.

Her new husband Tim, (Johnny Lewis) is a truck driver and must leave a lot of the times for work. Once he leave for his first work week as a married man, strange things start happening to Molly that progressively ruins her day to day life.

Directed and written by Eduardo Sanchez, Also written by Jamie Nash and starring the aforementioned Gretchen Lodge and Johnny Lewis.

Now, I hope that was enough to get you through without really killing any of the story if you choose to watch it. Here comes the possible spoiler alert part.

I was kept intrigued to watch what was happening the entire time but was confused as all hell due to the fact that there are several factors that come into play that could have caused what Molly is either doing or going through.

The biggest issue I am having right now is that I don't think I liked it, nor did I hate it by any means. I understood exactly what was going on throughout the film but just could not figure out what was the actual cause of all the random scenario's that were happening, although all the reasonable options were presented to you as  very good possibilities.

The acting was pretty good in it and some of the scenes made you wonder what the hell was going on. All in all I have to give this one a 5 out of 10 and that's only cause I seriously do not know if I liked it or not.

But if you're looking for a head scratch-er directer Edwardo Sanchez serves one up for you in this one.
Thanks for reading and feel free to leave a comment, e-mail (horrorshootreviews@gmail.com) or follow us on twitter @horrorshoot!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment