Friday, October 3, 2014

Contracted (2013)

Written and directed by Eric England, Contracted is the story of a young woman named Samantha,  who is drugged and raped at house party that is being thrown by her friend.

After the wild night, she starts to piece together what had happened to her and ends up believing that her rapist, a man named B.J., has given her an STD. But what she has received from him may be far worse than anything she could have ever imagined.

Written and directed by Eric England. Starring Najarra Townsend, Caroline Williams and Joshua Petrino.

One of the best surprises I have yet to find in the horror genre on Netflix. I do not know who is rating these films, but they need to learn a thing or two about a good horror movie.

Everything about this movie was on key right from the start. It had me guessing as to what could have been happening to her right till the reveal in the last scene.

The scare factor was not there but the cringe factor definitely was which  completed the whole horror experience for this movie and I would absolutely watch it again in a heartbeat.

The acting was top notch, as was the dialogue and the camera work. It was very beautifully shot.
I have nothing but great things to say about this one, considering I was expecting a 1 star movie and got a surprise 4 to 5 star which I could not be happier about.

With all my praising being said and done, I will have to give Contracted a 9 out of 10 and a definite suggestion for anyone to watch this if they get a chance to.

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave a comment, email (horrorshootreviews@gmail.com) or follow us on twitter @horrorshoot!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment