Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Human Centipede II (2011)

I'm going to be a hundred percent honest here and say that I wanted nothing to do with this movie but felt like I had to review it to properly follow up with the original.

I feel like the only reason this sequel was even thought up was to cash in on the popularity that the original had gained over the prior years. So in other words, it's a freaking money grab.

We start by following an over weight, under confident and possibly mentally challenged man named Martin, he is a security guard who is obssessed with the movie "The Human Centipede".

He is so enthralled with the idea of having his own home made pet centipede that Martin decides to take the movie's horrific idea and turns it into his own reality.

Like most other sequel concepts, bigger is always better and  that's exactly what they did with this one, attempting to create a twelve man human centipede.

The use of black and white mixed with the obsessant nagging of Martin's mother was very reminissant to me of the original Pshyco film.

I found alot of the the killing scenes very bland and boring. It looked like the same kill was done over and over again to different victims.

Another part that does not bode well with me is that there was no authority figures that ever appeared nor did anybody even attempt to question Martin about any of the missing people or the continuously crying infant that he left in the car.

Althought I did not want to see this film, I did enjoy the first half of it for some reason. It's possible the fact that the main character did not say a word the entire time and the resemblance to pshyco that drew me in. But that feeling was lost thanks to the last thirty minutes of the movie.

I will have to give the human centipede II a 4 out of 10 as I did for it's predessesor.

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment, e-mail us (horrorshootreviews@gmail.com) or follow us on twitter @horrorshoot !

Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment