Monday, October 13, 2014

The Human Centipede (2009)

Dr. Heiter is a world renowned surgeon who's specialty is the ability to successfully separate conjoined twins.

The good doctor, now in retirement, has formed a plan to create a new breed of pet to replace his "Three-Dog" Rottweilers. He has the surgical abilities he needs in order to create it and now he must recruit three very unwilling victims to commence with his plan.

Written, produced and directed by Tom Six and starring Ashley C. Williams, Ashlynn Yennie, Akihiro Kitamura and Dieter Laser as Dr. Josef Heiter.

I had a lot of issues before viewing this film and it was not due to the nature of it's content either. It was related to the fact that I already knew, years prior, what was happening in this movie thanks to a friend of my explaining it to me.
This probably ruined this film for me as there was not shock value left in it for me and killed any chance of me giving this one a big rating as opposed to what I will be doing today.

With that being said, another one of the factors that turned me off from it was the amount of time most of the scene's seemed to drag on for. A good portion of them could have been easily cut down had they put extra scenes it it's place.

The one plus for me though was easily Dieter Laser's performance throughout the entire movie. He was able to take creepy to the next level with his look alone. The way he spoke his dialogue was also creepy as all hell which definitely added onto the aura.

But, like I mentioned earlier, the unfortunate fate of my already knowing the big twist in this film killed it for me and has sadly lowered the rating. I am giving this one a 4 out of 10.

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave a comment, e-mail (horrorshootreviews@gmail.com) or follow us on twitter @horrorshoot

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment