Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 5: The Dream Child (1989)

The dream master has been having a great life since defeating Freddy Krueger. But after she winds up getting pregnant, Freddy takes the opportunity to attack her by slipping into her unborn child's dreams.

Now, Alice must face her toughest challenge yet. Saving her unborn child from the vicious grasps of the bastard son of a hundred maniacs himself, Freddy.

Directed by Stephen Hopkins, produced by Robert Shaye and Rupert Harvey. Written by Leslie Bohem and starring Kelly Jo Minter, Whit Hertford, Beatrice Boepple, Lisa Wilcox and the great Robert Englund.

I remembered very little about part six as I have not seen it very often, but after my latest viewing, all that I have to say is excellent!

I almost forgot about the amount of awesome special effects that were used in this film and the mix of exceptionally memorable moments that scared the piss out of me as a child. And the fact that I practically forgot about them until now, would lead me to believe that I repressed the memory's thanks to how bad it did scare me back then.

The story line was pretty cool, considering they had to find a new way for Freddy to get back at Alice and they were able to pull it off with the original material.

My favorite kills are definitely the motorcycle, due to the amazing practical effects and the Dinner Party scene as it was just such a memorable part seeing "Chef Freddy" do his thing.

Another thing I do enjoy about this part is simply how much I like Alice as the hero type. Her attitude is very confident and she is usually very calm and collected when things aren't going her way.

With all those positives, I can't go any lower than an 8.5 out of 10.

Thanks for reading, feel free to comment, e-mail (horrorshootreviews@gmail.com) or follow us on twitter @horrorshoot!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment