Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday the 13th part VII: The New Blood (1988)

A young girl named Tina runs away from her father after she overhears him slapping her mother. She takes a boat out to the middle of the lake and yells to her father that she wishes he was dead for what he's done.

She stares widely towards him. Suddenly the structure standing over top of her father comes crashing down and kills him.

She awakens from the dream and realizes she is on her way towards the camp where it all happened to her as a child.

Directed by John Carl Buechler, written by Manuel Fidello and Daryl Haney. Starring Lar Park Lincolin, Kevin Spirtas, Susan Blu, Terry Kiser and Kane Hodder in his first appearance as Jason Voorhees.

After she was made upset by a doctor, she runs to the lake and tries to use her power to raise her fathers corps from the water. Instead she released an evil force that's been trapped inside the lake.
So this was the first Friday movie that was made after I was born. Mind you I would have only been one at the time, so needless to say it was a few years before I actually got the pleasure of viewing it.

Anyhow, back to our review!

I liked this one until the final scene came along, which completely ruined my viewing experience. I know they were going for a supernatural type experience, but the end was not plausible in any way. They could have easily kept Jason as the only one who could rise up from the dead and I would have loved this movie.

The kills were not anything spectacular next to the sleeping bag scene but still gory enough to keep me satisfied. What really kept me going though, was the telekinesis tricks Tina was doing in order to keep one step ahead of Jason. Just something about them that made me enjoy the movie just a little bit more.

I really liked how the film played out with the obvious exception of the finale which helped lower my rating to a 5 out of 10.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment, e-mail us (horrorshootreviews@gmail.com) or follow us on twitter @horrorshoot!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment