Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Loved Ones (2009)

I was 110% sure I already had this film figured out before I even pressed play. Holy crap was I ever wrong. This has to be one of the best horror films I've seen in quite some time.

I was honestly thinking this is gonna be a cheap rip off of Prom Night mixed together with Carrie but came out of left field with something new and different with a small dose of different film aspects thrown in together to create something special.

This is an Australian film written and directed by Sean Byrne and stars Xavier Samuel, Robin McLeavy and John Brumpton.

After having her prom invitation rejected by a boy at school, Lola, with the help of her father, take actions into their own hands in order to ensure Lola has the most wonderful and exciting prom night ever. Unfortunately for her date, it's not the way he was expecting to spend his last high school dance.

Seeing that the film was from Australia, I was immediately cursing my friend for suggesting it to me as I had a very hard time deciphering Wolf Creek when that one was first suggested. Luckily, the language barrier was minimal and all the terms used were natural to the North American style of slang.

All the actor were awesome in their roles and the dialogue was excellent. The kind of dialogue that just sucks you right into the movie, helping to bring it to the next level of entertainment.

The last 20 minutes of the film were just fantastic, turning a good film into a great one and forcing me to raise my rating instantly. Give me a great ending I can remember and I'm gonna love it even more!

Now, without wasting anymore of your time so you may go on an enjoy this film for yourself, I give The Loved Ones an excellent rating of 9 out of 10!

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment, email or follow us on Twitter!

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment