Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Cabin in the Woods (2012)

Cabin in the woods is a new take on the slasher genre by Drew Goddard (Director and co-writer) and Joss Whedon (Producer and co-writer) who have worked together in the past on Buffy the Vampire Slayer as well as Angel.

Starring Kristen Connolly, Chris Hemsworth, Anna Hutchison, Fran Kranz and Jesse Williams.

The film follows a corporation which sets up an 80's style slasher type of reality series to sacrifice young college students. Question is, are they doing it for the greater good? Or just so they can place a few bets on the outcome?

It started out in a very odd way, turned into something you would find at camp Crystal Lake and then just exploded into something completely mind blowing. It continued to progress with each and every scene and once it came to an ending all I could tell myself was "holy crap!".

Unlike any movie I have ever seen in the horror genre or any other genre for that matter. It was dark, witty, funny, exciting and made you wonder what the hell was going to happen until the finally reveal it at the end of the film.

I was concerned with the choice of actors for a couple of the roles due to their actual age as compared to the age they were portraying in the movie but was quickly shown they only mentioned an approximation of age at the beginning during a conversation in regards to being on break from college. The remainder of the time I was so enthralled by the story I completely forgot about my concerns.

Awesome effects for some of the reveals and especially in the motorcycle scene. Mix that with the top notch storyline, the great acting, the all around twists in the story and you've got yourself a great movie in which I thoroughly enjoyed. This will be something I am guaranteed to watch again in the very near future to pick up on things that I have missed out on in my first viewing.

Easily a 9 out of 10 from my point of view!

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment, e-mail or follow us on Twitter!

Have a Great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment