Sunday, January 11, 2015

Jaws (1975)

Jaws is the classic 1975 Steven Spielberg film based off of the Peter Benchley novel of the same name.

Starring Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw and Richard Dryefuss, Jaws follows the story of the small summer destination town of Amity and how it is being plagued by a great white shark with the acquired taste for human flesh. The town is then forced to close all their beaches causing an uproar with the townsfolk as their livelihood is at stake.

Now, if you are over the age of 15 and have never seen this movie in any setting at all then you need to come out from the rock you've been living under and watch this damn movie!

I have seen Jaws a countless amount of times and I can tell you right now that I have never gotten sick of it and will probably never be able to get sick of it due to the greatness it portrays.

Great actors, great dialogue, top of the line animatronics and special effects and something that could potentially happen anywhere due to the fact that it takes place right off of a beach. And what city or town doesn't have a beach. It scared the shit out of me when I had first seen it as a child and several times more after that as well causing me and some of my friends to refuse going swimming for a very long time.

I absolutely loved all the under water scene's from the sharks point of view while he was hunting and attacking his victims, something several horror films followed suit with for years to come.

Another thing that I have to mention, and yes I know, now we might be getting a little too geeky for your tastes but if you can get the blu ray edition of the film, please check out all the special features, mainly the making of Jaws (which amazed me and got me hooked on this film when I saw it as a kid) and the two hour documentary. They are both phenomenal pieces and will make you love the movie more than you did before.

Without actually having to say it, this beauty is getting a 10 out of 10 from me!

Again if you have not seen it, go find a copy and watch the damn thing!

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment, e-mail or follow us on Twitter!

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment