Sunday, January 25, 2015

Ghostbusters (1984)

As a child, this was one of those films that I could not get enough of. We had gone through at least 3 VHS copies of this movie, seen practically every episode of the cartoon a minimum of five times each and collected all the toys I could get my hands on. Ghostbusters were second best only to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which was still, at times, a very close call.

I remember sleeping in my Ghostbusters tent which I had received for one of my earliest birthday's a countless amount of times. I basically used it till it could no longer stand. Anywho, let's get back to the review shall we?

Written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis. Directed by Ivan Reitman and starring Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Sigourney Weaver, Harold Ramis, Ernie Hudson, Annie Potts and Rick Moranis.

After losing their jobs, a trio of parapsychologists decide to open up a ghost hunting business, utilizing a variety of homemade gadgets. They become successful on their first assignment but soon find out that the city has a lot more to offer them when it comes to catching ghosts.

Classic in the best way possible! State of the art special effects, amazing acting, dialogue and comedy all rolled in together with paranormal beings. Can a fan boy really ask for much more than this?

Next to the obvious exclusion of cell phones and the internet, which is a given, this movie holds up extremely well and can be enjoyed by children in this day and age as well.

I have nothing but great things to say about this film but I will cut it short. If you have seen it, you already know and if you have yet too see it. Then I suggest you make it a family night and watch this movie!

It's been 30 years and it's still one hell of an amazing movie! 10 out of 10!

If you have any suggestions feel free to comment or e-mail us!

Don't forget to follow us @FLIX4NERDS on Twitter!


No comments:

Post a Comment