Sunday, September 7, 2014

Saw (2004)

Lawrence and Adam wake up in a dark room without any recollection as to how they have arrived nor why they have been brought there

They quickly find out that they are just a small part of a larger game that a maniac named Jigsaw has put together. Will they be able to survive? Or will they be brave enough to do the unthinkable to save themselves?

Directed by James Wan, written by James Wan and Leigh Whannell. Starring Cary Elwes, Leigh Whannell, Danny Glover and Tobin Bell as John Kramer.

I first stumbled upon this film accidentally when searching online for a comedy film I wanted to see at the time, and I can not be any happier that I did.

This turned out to be such an amazing movie with plot line twists continually keeping you on the edge of your seat at all times with a conclusion that blew my mind not only the first time I had seen it, but every other time up to and including this viewing.

The traps and the gore just had me wishing for more and more throughout the film. I couldn't get enough of it and immediately watched it over again after my first viewing.

A refreshing film for the genre during the time of it's release due to the fact that most of the horror movies around it's time were teen oriented slashers / thrillers and a very, very large amount of sequels, prequels and remakes making the scene very repetitive.

I have always been a fan of this movie and never seem to get sick of it no matter how many times I watch it. I would recommend this movie to anybody whether they are horror fans or not. It has an amazing story line with a great cast to support it.

I have to give this one an almost perfect 9 out of 10. If you have not yet seen it, get out there and watch it!

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment, e-mail (horrorshootreviews@gmail.com) or follow us on twitter @horrorshoot!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment