Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pontypool (2008)

An odd plague starts taking over the small Ontario town of Pontypool where Grant Mazzy, a radio show host, is on lock down in the local station.

As he is reporting the odd behavior of the towns folk on his morning show, he learns that he may be the root cause of it all and must make a choice.

Does he keep quiet and save those who are yet to be affected or does he relay the necessary info over the air waves and risk infecting the entire population.

Directed by Bruce McDonald, written by Tony Burgess, starring Stephen McHattie, Lisa Houle, Georgina Reilly and Hrant Alianak.

Pontypool was based from a book  titled "Pontypool changes everything" which is the second book in a trilogy written by Canadian author Tony Burgess.

I heard nothing but great things not only in regards to the book, but the film adaptation as well. It took me a while to get around to it but I finally picked myself up a copy. And my only regret is not having done so sooner.

I highly enjoyed this movie to the fullest extent possible due to its originality, the concept behind it, the fact that it's taking place in the same province I reside in and it's ability to make me use my imagination in the fullest extent possible.

They use a series of descriptions to inform you as to what is happening with the citizens of Pontypool and how their behaviors and reactions are impacting the city as opposed to having a full out gore-filled movie. With the exception of one visual scene and the remainder being sound, there are basically no special effects being used through the film.

With that being said and I have to stop talking about this one in order not to kill the surprise of it all for anybody and just go out and give it a 9 out of 10.

Thanks for reading, feel free to comment, e-mail (horrorshootreviews@gmail.com) or follow us on twitter @horrorshoot!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment