Sunday, September 7, 2014

Saw II (2005)

But how could they possibly attempt to follow up something like Saw and have it been at least half as good as it's predecessor was? Well that question was answered very quickly and efficiently once I stepped into that movie theater.

Detective Matthews is hot on Jigsaw's trail and just about to put a stop to his plans. Jigsaw on the other hand, is always three steps ahead of authorities and has already kidnapped the detective's son, placing him into his newest game.

In order to get his son back safely, the detective must give Jigsaw his time and patients.

Directed by Darren Lynn Bousman, written by Darren Lynn Bousman and Leigh Whannell. Starring Erik Knudsen, Donnie Wahlberg, Shawnee Smith and Tobin Bell as John Kramer.

Once I heard about the possibility of a sequel being made, I jumped for joy, but how could they possibly attempt to follow up a genius film like Saw and have it be, at the minimum, half as good as it's predecessor was?

Well the moment I stepped into that theater, my question was answered and pure gold was laid out in front of me.

I went in there assuming that I would be getting a low grade flick. And what I got was another amazing film that kept you guessing all the way though till the end.

A lot of the moments were incredibly cringe worthy, especially the "pit" scene which had everybody in the theater gasping once it started playing out.

Thanks to my expectations being so low going into this one originally, it made me fall in love with this movie that much easier than I would have normally. But after watching it for my review, my love for it has stayed the same as did my rating of 8 out of 10.

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave a comment, e-mail (horrorshootreviews@gmail.com) or follow us on twitter @horrorshoot!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment