Saturday, September 5, 2015

Wrong Turn

Directed by: Rob Schmidt

Written by: Alan B. McElroy

Year released: 2003

Sub Genre: Stranded in the Woods / Slasher

Cast: Eliza Dushku, Jeremy Sisto, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Desmond Harrington


After an emotional break up, Jessie's friend's decide to take her on a road trip in order to help clear her head. They end
up getting stranded in the middle of the forest where they meet Chris after he accidentally ran into their vehicle.

Soon thereafter, the group takes a walk further down the road in order to look for help but instead find a group of horribly
defaced in-bred hillbilly's who have acquired the taste for human flesh.

Next too a few small lived "Yell at the TV" moments, I adored this film!

The cast was excellent in all the rolls they played and I need to say that Jeremy Sisto as the funny guy was just excellent
and one and only issue I had with that role specifically was that that they killed his character off way too early.

The in-bred's make up looked awesome and incredibly realistic but you could tell that the actors portraying them were
having a hard time seeing out of the prosthesis just by looking at their movements when attempting to attack some of the
stranded individuals. But that's something I can look past in favor of a realistic look.

Another big plus, especially in my eyes, was the magnificent use of practical effects throughout the entirety of the film.
They used all of the effects in the proper way with a nice fair dosage of blood when it was deemed necessary to be used.

I can't say enough good things about this film but trust me when I say, I've watched the following sequels (Yes, all five
sequels) and believe me, I've got a few (for Some of them, Several) choice words for each one of them which I can not wait to
share with you all. If you have seen them all, I am sure you know  exactly what I am talking about.

Conclusion:

Not that I want to make this short and sweet but I have too. This is an excellent film which most of the time makes sense with, once again, an amazing cast, great effect and a pretty solid story line with dialogue to boot. I still would not
consider this a classic for at least another 7 years so it will not get a perfect score.

9 out of 10



Twitter: @horrorshoot
Instagram: @horrorshoot
E-Mail: horrorshootreviews@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment